Hire the Best SEO Agency Vs. Build In-House SEO Team – What’s Better?
When it comes to choosing the best SEO agency, as a business, you need to take a creative and strategic approach to attract potential customers to your website. And that’s exactly where a solid SEO strategy comes into play. It not only improves your site’s organic ranking in Google search results but also builds credibility, increases engagement, and boosts sales.
However, if you’re looking to scale up your search engine optimization, you’ll need a team of talented experts that can take control of and execute your SEO strategy. Decisions, decisions. You can either build your own in-house digital marketing team or outsource to the best SEO agency.
The right decision often boils down to your situation. Keep reading to learn which choice is better for your business or company.
First things first – What’s an SEO Agency
An SEO agency is a digital marketing team of specialists that deal with all things search engine optimization. SEO is all about getting your business website pages to rank above the fold (aka competitors) on search engine results pages (SERPs).
The best SEO agency usually hires professionals in many different aspects of search engine optimization. These experts offer an eclectic range of services that include website audit, development of SEO plan, and implementing your SEO strategies to ensure digital marketing success.
Features of an SEO Agency – What Does It Do?
For the most part, SEO agencies dwell on improving the online presence and visibility of your business. You can think of them as your partner, strategist, or outsource consultant on all matters of search engine optimization.
That said, some of the services the best SEO agencies offer include:
(1) SEO Audit
The agency will take an incisive look at your existing SEO strategy. Even if you don’t have one in place, they will examine and analyze your current website from an SEO point of view, discovering its strengths and where it could improve.
(2) SEO Competitor Analysis
A great agency does a complete competitor analysis from an SEO perspective. This should be an ongoing process, so you can stay one step ahead of your competitors.
(3) Keyword Research and Optimization
Just to refresh your SEO lingo, a keyword is a search term or key phrase which you want your website post, page, or content to rank for the most on search results.
A good SEO agency uses industry insights and innovative analytic tools to carry out extensive keyword research. The goal is to discover keywords that are relevant to your industry, company, products, services, and target audience — and then optimize for them.
(4) Traditional SEO Services
Almost all SEO agencies handle the three major areas of SEO:
- Technical SEO, which optimizes the structure and function of your website in the backend, so it includes site architecture, page speed, mobile responsiveness, etc.
- On-page SEO, which focuses on everything to do with your website optimization, such as content, title tags, meta tags, and so on.
- Off-page SEO, which dwells on your online presence factors, such as backlink-building
(5) Local SEO
Given that 97% of online users search local businesses, this is an area you can’t ignore. This service is focused on helping your rank in local search results.
The Benefits of Working with an SEO Agency
- Deeper expertise – the best SEO agency is likely to have more in-depth expertise and industry insights when it comes to your specific niche or area of business. They know SEO inside out.
- Diverse skillset – When you work with an SEO agency, you’re bringing in a whole team of experts with diverse skills, techniques, and knowledge-base. You can rest assured that all of your SEO challenges will be addressed.
- It’s easy to scale – To scale your business and SEO strategy, you will need enough customers and the right experts. A top-notch agency can solve both issues.
- Easy to vet – You can easily gauge the quality and ascertain the reputation of an agency by looking at its portfolio, expertise, and track record.
- You’re hiring a reliable partner – An SEO agency is nothing like an employee. They’re more like a partner who will provide strategic insights and work hard to deliver the best results.
- Few upfront costs – You don’t have to deal with recruitment, onboarding, salaries, HR, and other employee-related costs. All that you have to do is pay an agency fee.
- You’ll get more than SEO – The best SEO agency typically offers full-suite digital services that include content marketing, social media management, email marketing, web design, and video marketing, amongst other crucial services.
The Benefits of Building In-House SEO Team
- Better mission and brand alignment
- Better control of your SEO strategy and implementation
- Increased cohesion because employees become focused and more immersed in your brand and customer insights
Building an in-house digital marketing team is not only time-consuming and expensive but also makes it hard to vet talents and scale your SEO strategy. Hiring the best SEO agency is your best shot — you’ll get deeper expertise, more digital marketing services, diverse skills, and much more. The choice is a no-brainer. Click Here to setup a zoom call with us and we’ll walk you through what it’s like to work with us.