How to Choose the Best SEO Company for Small Business?
What is a smart strategy to finding the best SEO company for small business?
Although half of all small businesses don’t invest in search engine optimization, having an SEO strategy is crucial for long-term growth, online presence, and brand awareness. And numbers don’t lie:
- 46 percent of searches on Google are local and focus on small businesses
- 56 percent of consumers start with Google search before making a purchase
- 97 percent of online users search online for a local business
- 28 percent of local searches result in a sale for small businesses in 24 hours
- 99.2 percent of Google searchers click on links on page #1
- SEO attracts over 10x more web traffic than organic social media marketing
- 60 percent of marketers quote SEO as their best source of high-quality leads
However you look at it, we can’t overstate the importance of SEO for businesses of all sizes. Unfortunately, not all small and medium-sized businesses have enough resources and budget to build a complete in-house SEO department.
That’s where hiring an SEO agency comes in handy. But how do you choose the best SEO company for a small business? Read on for important steps and tips on how to pick an SEO agency that’s right for your growing business.
 Get to know your SEO goals and desired results
First of all, why do you need an SEO company?
Hiring an SEO agency is like booking a flight. You must know where you’re going, why, and what you desire to achieve while there.
So, to hire the best SEO company for your small business, you must know your target business goals. These will tell you what SEO services you’ll need to achieve them, whether they be SEO website audit, link building, local SEO, small business e-commerce SEO, optimized content marketing, or the whole shebang.
Once you have a clearer picture of your goals, it’s also crucial to know what you wish to achieve with the SEO agency of your choosing. Your desired outcomes can be:
- To improve your overall website search ranking,
- To get more qualified web traffic, and
- To drive lead generation or sales directly from organic search.
Here’s the bottom line: your target goals and desired outcomes will help you figure out which SEO tactics and strategies you’ll need. This way, choose the most qualified SEO company that offers them.
 Best SEO Company For Small Business: Do your research
Nowadays, there are thousands of SEO companies at your disposal. But not all of them are created equal. That’s why it’s paramount to know what makes the best SEO company for a small business.
- Has a tried-and-true SEO process – make sure their approach has repeatedly delivered results for clients like you.
- A diverse team of SEO professionals – ensure they’ve worked successfully with small businesses similar to yours
- An impressive portfolio of satisfied clients
- Has plenty of genuine client testimonials – a company with glowing customer testimonials must be going something right
- Has great company ethics – you don’t want to work with an agency that cuts corners and risk your reputation
- Affordable – after all, you’re a small business with a limited marketing budget
 Check the services offered by the company and their specialties
By now, you should have a list of the top five candidates, so you can narrow it down to one. You must pick one that offers the right set of services for your business.
Keep an eye out for the following must-have services:
- SEO Audit – the team must have the expertise and tools to do a thorough website audit, so they can know what’s working and what to improve.
- Custom SEO strategy – this means that you will get an SEO strategy tailored to the needs and situation of your small business
- Off-page SEO – this focuses on optimizations outside your site, such as backlink building, Google My Business optimization, etc.
- On-page optimization – the agency should be able to optimize your content, images, and title tags, plus research keywords and create a sitemap
- Monthly reports – you should get regular performance reports and updates
- Ongoing on-site optimization
 Perform background checks/vetting
Ask for referrals from each client and contact them to inquire about their experience with the agency. But don’t take their full word for it. Do further research; get recommendations from trusted business partners, friends, and so on.
Don’t forget to read customer testimonials, making sure they are genuine and not fake. Websites like Trustpilot, Reviews.io, Google Reviews, and Yelp are more trustworthy.
That’s not all; make sure to check review websites like Facebook, BBB, Facebook, Yelp, and Trustpilot for unbiased reviews. You can also look at portfolios of SEO agencies from websites like UpCity, Clutch, Rush, and more.
Obviously, you should go through the agency’s case studies, portfolio, and resource pages. This is where you’ll get a general sense of their process, style, and the kind of results you can expect.
 Best SEO Company For Small Business: Consider your Budget and agency fees
First things first, can the agency work within your budget? The best SEO agency for small businesses is one that’s flexible and affordable enough for your growing company.
Ask the right questions, such as:
- What are your payment terms?
- Do I need to commit to a minimum number of months or do I pay monthly?
- What are your agency fees? Are there additional costs?
- How do I cancel your services?
Leave no stone unturned. You must know that your business can afford to pay the agency before you sign on the dotted line. Of course, remember to carefully go through the contract, not skipping the fine print. If you’re interested in us walking you through what it’s like to do business with us, then please Click Here.